- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer or hand blender, mix together: cane sugar, local maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, butter, eggs & salt.
- Take buttery pastry and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and using a 4 inch round cookie cutter, create 12 circles.
- Gently form pastry circles into a coated muffin tin to create your shells.
- Divide walnuts & black currants between the tart shells.
- Spoon roughly ¼ cup of the maple butter tart mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, watching for the filling and the pastry to reach a light, golden brown.
- Remove from oven and run a butter knife around the edge of the tart, releasing it from the tin and let cool, on a rack until room temperature.