- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 2 tsp. cane sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy unsalted butter, cold
- 9 – 12 tbsp. ice cold water
- Cut your butter into ¼ inch cubes, spread out onto a plate or in a small bowl then and return to the fridge or freezer, you want to keep this cold.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl, then blend in cold butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender.
- Slowly add 9 tbsp. of ice water and gently stir with a fork until fully & evenly incorporated.
- Squeeze a small handful: If it doesn’t hold together, add more ice water 1 tbsp. at a time until just incorporated, then test again.
- Turn out mixture onto a lightly floured surface and roll to about 1/8 of inch think and cut into pie or tart shells.
Food for Thought
Dough can be made day ahead and chilled in the fridge.