- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Strain spinach and run under cold water until cool.
- Using hands, squeeze water out of the spinach, coarsely chop & set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onion & garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions soften.
- Add cream cheese, milk and nutmeg. Cook until mixture combines and starts to thicken.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is warmed through and coated evenly with the cheese sauce.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Food For Thought:
We love this side dish for hosting because it can be made ahead of time (day or 2 before) and then just quickly reheated before serving. It is also a fabulous ingredient in our Green Eggs & Ham recipe.
We suggest making this side dish for any occasion where a quick-easy YET definitely-impressive breakfast is in order. This is leftovers at their best!