- 1 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy™ Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- ¾ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of pecans, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to oven to 325ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer add butter, sugar, orange zest, cardamom and cinnamon. Beat with paddle attachment until pale and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides and add pecans. Beat until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and salt. Add to stand mixture and beat until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, take a scoop of dough and roll between your hands to form a ball and place on baking sheet.
- When your first baking sheet is full place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Repeat with second baking sheet.
- When ready, remove one baking sheet from the fridge and bake in the centre rack for about 15-20 minutes until light and golden. Repeat with second sheet.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5-7 minutes (but not completely) before rolling in icing sugar. Store in an air tight container.