Creamy Mushroom Linguini Alfredo
This creamy pasta dish is loaded with satisfying flavour from mixed mushrooms. Look for a variety of interesting mushroom shapes and textures, or stick to classic cremini or brown mushrooms for this easy and delicious meal.
1 lb dry linguine pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (such as brown, oyster, cremini or portobello)
1 small white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy 10% Half and Half Cream – Just Cream
1/2 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy Whole or 2% Milk
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp Rolling Meadow Dairy Unsalted Butter
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms and onion, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Add half and half cream and milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked linguine and reserved cooking liquid; toss until evenly coated.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan and chives.
Tip: For additional protein, add 2 cups of chopped rotisserie chicken to the mushroom mixture if desired.