For Greek Yogourt Raita:
- 400 g Rolling Meadow Dairy™ Greek Yogourt
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled then grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ cup red onion, fine dice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
For Chana Masala:
- 1 large cooking onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- large piece ginger, chopped
- 1 Thai green chilli, chopped
- 4 tbsp. Rolling Meadow Dairy™ butter
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1½ tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chilli powder
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, medium dice
- 800 g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 100 g Rolling Meadow Dairy™ Greek Yogourt
- 140 g washed baby spinach
- Pomegranate molasses
- Flatbread or Naan
Greek Yogourt Raita:
- Grate peeled cucumber using the large holes.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber in a cheesecloth or strain in a mesh strainer to remove excess liquid.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the grated cucumber, with the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Season to taste and let rest in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Process onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a small food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add onion mixture and sauté until fragrant, roughly 4 minutes.
- Add spices and stir for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add fresh tomatoes and cook until they start to soften, roughly, 3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and crushed tomatoes, and simmer for for 20 mintues for flavours to develop.
- Add baby spinach & stir until wilted.
- Season to taste, stir in yogourt, stir until combined. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Divide into bowls and serve with Greek Yogurt Riata either directly on top or on the side.
- Drizzle with pomegranate molasses.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with flatbread or naan.
Food For Thought:
Great for meatless Monday! High in protein, filled with antioxidants and low in fat. This is a great dish to make ahead, as like with most stews & sauces – it’s even better the next day!