- 3¼ cups cake-and-pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy™ unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 8 free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy™ sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, making three additions of flour mixture and two of sour cream, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake.
- Let stand for 1 hour. Turn out cake onto rack; let cool completely.
- Beat together icing sugar, sour cream, butter, milk and lavender until smooth.
- Pour glaze over cake; allow excess to drip down sides.
- Let set before slicing.
- Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
Tip: Find dried lavender at gourmet food stores, tea and spice shops or purchase online.