- Fill a medium saucepan a quarter way full with water. Over medium heat, bring water to a simmer.
- In a medium and heatproof bowl, combine the egg whites and sugar then place on top of the simmering saucepan. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch
- Using a mixer, beat the mixture until the meringue holds the desired peak (soft, medium or stiff) and has cooled to room temperature.
- Use the meringue immediately, for cookies, or spoon it on top of a pie or cake, or use it for a filling.