- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 Rolling Meadow Dairy™ eggs
- ½ cup Rolling Meadow Dairy™ sour cream
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp. Rolling Meadow Dairy™ butter, softened
- 1 cup Rolling Meadow Dairy™ butter, melted
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- In an extra large bowl, dissolve 1 tsp. of cane sugar into ¼ cup hot water. Allow mixture to cool to 100F/38C then add yeast, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, ½ cup cane sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer yeast mixture into a large bowl then blend in remaining sugar, sour cream and butter. Lightly beat eggs and add to mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture, add yeast mixture and slowly work in the flour. Continue mixing with hands until smooth, shape into a ball and place in a greased medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (lasts for 1 day).
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease baking dish with butter, set aside.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle, ½ an inch thick. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Starting from the long edge, roll up.
- Cut into 12 slices and transfer onto baking dish. Brush with remaining butter and let sit in a warm place to rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Let cool, add icing and serve.
*Leftovers are great for freezing and reheating. Wrap tightly and freeze in an airtight container.
- Mix icing sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add milk until you get a thick glaze.
- Spread or pour immediately over cooled cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
If frozen, allow the cinnamon buns to thaw for 10-15 minutes, cut across, separating top and bottom, toast, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have perhaps the very best Ice Cream sandwich on earth. Or turn your cinnamon rolls into Cinnamon French Toast! Slice and coat in your egg and milk. Fry in a pan with butter.