- Rolling Meadow Dairy eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped per cup of water (for blue hue)
- 1 cup hibiscus per cup of water (for green hue)
- 1 cup yellow onion skin per cup of water (for orange hue)
- 2 cups beets, shredded per cup of water (for dark red hue)
- 2 tbsp. turmeric per cup of water (for golden hue)
- 1 tbsp. white distilled vinegar per cup of water
- Gather and prep ingredients for the dye colours you would like to make – you can make separate batches of different colours, or one large batch of a single colour.
- Follow the ratios given above for each ingredient to make more, or less dye.
- Pour the amount of water you need for the dye you’re making into a pot.
- Add one of the listed natural dye ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 15-30 mins, let cool to room temperature.
- Strain dye mixture into a bowl and add vinegar. Repeat process for additional colours, if chosen.
- Submerge hard boiled eggs into cooled dye mixture. Let sit until your eggs reach your desired hue.
- Pat dry with paper towel and store in fridge.