- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (4½-5 lb,) boneless pork shoulder, tied
- 3 juniper berries
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups Rolling Meadow 3.25% whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large, ovenproof, heavy pot heat oil over medium heat until it just simmers.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Add roast along with juniper berries, rosemary, and bay leaves to the pot and sear on all sides.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes until golden.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Pour over milk and bring to a slight simmer.
- Cover pot and place in oven. Allow to cook for 2-2½ hours.
- When roast is cooked, transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil.
- Strain liquid (the milk will curdle) through a sieve into a new pot. Simmer until reduced and thickened. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- When meat is cool enough to handle, shred into pieces. Serve warm with sauce.
Makes about 4 -4½lb.