- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 ½ cups Egg Nog
- 6 tbsp. unsalted Rolling Meadow Dairy™ Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. bourbon or dark rum
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sifted flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, butter and liquor.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Pour the recommended amount of batter into the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook until golden brown.
- Add waffles to cooling rack, as they come out of the waffle maker – do not layer. Layering will create steam/moisture and the waffles will lose their crisp exterior. Serve immediately.
Food For Thought
Top with nuts, seeds, maple syrup, butter, fresh fruit, whipped cream for a beautiful breakfast or with ice cream for a stunning dessert.
Leftover waffles – yes please! Pop them into your toaster for a super-quick-easy breakfast on-the-go.